The player's phone
- Main article: Phone Calls
The player's cell phone is used only when there's a random call in the game - if one of the married Mii couples have a baby, if they need help calming the baby down, if the baby grows up, if they get a letter from a traveler, if a traveling child comes to visit, or if it's the player's birthday. It is yellow with a cyan screen.
- "Hi!" - A married couple has given birth or their child has grown up, or received a letter from a traveler.
- "Excuse me..." - The parents need help calming down their child.
- "Ahem..." - A traveler has come home, or it's the player's birthday. The player's look-alike will always call on the latter.
The Mii's phone
When you give a Mii a cell phone as a gift, often they will take the phone out, dial it, and pace the room while using different phrases. They also use the phrases you give them, their face changing to match each one. It is grey with a blue screen.
Things the Mii says
- "Ha ha ha!"
- "What?! Really?"
- "No, no, no."
- "[Mii], seriously?"
- "I guess."
- "In that case, yes."
- "So, do you think [Mii] likes [Food/Treasure]?"
- "That's correct."
- "Well, what about [Food/Treasure]?"
- "What do you think about [Food/Treasure]?"
- "[Food/Treasure]? I don't know."
- "Got it."
- "Please don't tell [Mii], okay?"
- "I see."
- "[Happy phrase]"
- "[Mad phrase]"
- "[Sad phrase]"
- "[Worried phrase]"