- "Someone's feeling sleepy. VERY sleepy indeed. But what to make them do...?"
- — Gift description, Tomodachi Life (US)
- ""You can hypnotise anyone with this kit. What will you make them do? 3 ,2, 1... ""
- — Gift description, Tomodachi Life (EU)
Upon being given the hypnotism set, the Mii tips its head before saying "Cool, let's give it a try!" This then transitions to a scene of them sitting in a chair with the hypnotism set in front of them. The player must swing the hypnotizer back and forth by either dragging with the stylus or moving the system to hypnotize the Mii (Life). The Mii will follow the item until they yawn, close their eyes, and fall asleep. Alternatively, in Life the player can also swing in a circle to get the Mii dizzy.
The hypnotized Mii will then appear on the top screen, and the player chooses the dream they want. The Mii will repeat the dream's name slowly and the player will be able to see whatever dream they chose. The player cannot get any gifts through hypnosis.
When the dream is over, the hypnotized Mii will appear on the bottom screen. It snaps out of hypnosis with a "Wah!" and after a pause, says "Nothing happened! Or...wait... What was I just doing?" In Collection there will be no reward, but in Life the Mii will then gain a small bit of happiness and money.
- In real life, when being hypnotized through the pendulum swing, the person cannot move their head as what the Miis do, only their eyes. Since the Miis' don't have eye movement (except in some promotional shots), their heads serve as the movement.