|Developer|| Nintendo EAD|
|Platforms|| Android, IOS|
|Release date|| March 17th, 2016|
March 31st, 2016
|Genre|| Life simulation|
|Ratings|| Android -Everyone |
iOS Rated 4+
|Website|| Official Website (US)|
- "So glad to be home! Oh, hi! How'd you get in? Oh, you're me! Or I'm you—same thing! So you know I'm [Mii], right? Anyway, welcome to Miitomo! Having fun with friends is what Miitomo is all about! And once we start adding friend,s they'll want to know all about us... We'd better give them something to talk about!"
- — Mii, Miitomo
Miitomo is a mobile game similar to Tomodachi Life. The player can create their own Mii and socialize with other players.
The Miis have many features like Tomodachi Life/Collection as well as many new hair/clothing/facial expressions. You can edit their appearance and their voice and personality just like in the game, but you can socialize with real-life friends through QR Codes, Mutual Twitter followers, Facebook friends, or a connection with nearby people who are also playing. An Nintendo ID is required for the use of the game however.
There are new outfits and clothing items everyday, some not even seen in Tomodachi Life/Collection and a new 'Mii Drop' a lot like 'Plinko' where you drop your Mii to win a clothing item from a certain collection or candy which can be used to see the answers to various questions your friends have answered.
Differences from Tomodachi Life
- The Buddy and Free Spirit personalities were changed to Confidant and Individualist, respectively.
- Although the Mii's idle and walking poses are different, an Easygoing Mii's poses are altered a bit. Firstly, their arms are straight as they bob their head and arms back and forth, like in Collection. Also, they swing their arms out farther when walking.
- The Miis have different walking sounds, depending on their personality.
- Miis cannot fall in love or get married.
- When a friend comes to visit your Mii, they will immediately start talking to each other and will keep talking until you finish talking to the visitor.
- Miis cannot fight.
- The Mii's talking sound when a visitor is over is different. In Collection, they use a "bloop" sound effect; in Life they have a "whoop" sound. Here, they speak in an unintellagible gibberish, its pitch depending on their voice.
- Clothing is sold in different articles rather than one preset outfit.
- Miis have a lot more faces than a normal Mii ever has, and can change their mood mid-sentence depending on what is being talked about.
- The Mii's talking animations are static and stay the same. Outgoing, Easygoing and Confident Miis will bob their heads and arms while Independent Miis keep their usual thinking poses.
- An Independent Mii's idle pose is improved slightly, with the hand on their chin sticking out farther.
- There are two seperate levels, one for popularity and the other for style. The former goes up by interacting with friends, while the latter increses by buying and changing clothes.
- When visiting a friend or if someone comes to visit, the music changes depending on the friends' personality. A slow relaxed theme plays for Easygoing Miis, a Jamaican tropical theme for Outgoing Miis, a techno theme for Confident Miis, and a quiet, futuristic theme for Independent Miis.
- Babies are not available.
- You cannot change your birthday after it has been set.
- Miis can't be given first names and last names.