|Europe Name|| Port|
|Japanese Name|| 波止場 Hatoba|
|How to Unlock|
|At least 1 StreetPass or send an Islander to travel|
- "Travelers and import items from other islands all come through this port."
- ~Building description, Tomodachi Life
The Port is a location added in Tomodachi Life, it is used for StreetPass purposes. Fully grown babies will reside here (after they are sent out of their homes by their parents or after they are done camping at the Campground if they are another player's Island) until they are shipped off.
When a StreetPass interaction occurs, the next time the player visits the Port a wooden boat driven by a Shop Keeper will sail itself onto the port with a small cardboard box containing an island's exclusive outfit/hat. If the outfit/hat is not in the player's Import Wear in the color that is received, it is added to Import Wear and can be purchased normally, otherwise the cardboard box is discarded once the Shop Keeper throws it onto the Port.
Alongside the outfit/hat, another person's Traveler may be sailing on the boat, jumping off alongside the cardboard box. If it is a Traveler that does not originate from the player's island, they will either set up their tent in the Campground or lurk elsewhere. The Shop Keeper will then pick up the traveler closest to the end of the Port, and ride off with him/her into the distance. If the Traveler does originate from the player's island, they will immediately return, realizing that they arrived by mistake.
Traveler arrival lines
- "At long last, I'm here!"
- "Dry land at last!"
- "I made it!"
- "I'm finally here!"
- "I finally made it!"
Traveler departure lines
- "I'm off!"
- "See ya!"
- "Peace out!"
- There is a limit to the number of Travelers that can be present at the dock at once, with up to a maximum of 50 Miis allowed. This can be a problem for players that have troubles locating StreetPass interactions in crowded areas and unable to get rid of babies from Mii Homes.
- A glitch may occur in which the game has a slight lag, preventing any later boats from picking up Travelers.
- If the port receives a StreetPass but is full, the traveler that arrived will not show up, despite the notification that a traveler arrived.
|Tomodachi Life Island Locations|
|Mii Apartments • Food Mart • Town Hall • Beach • Fountain • Clothing • Mii Homes • Amusement Park • Café • Hats • Campground • Port • Park • Photo Studio • Pawn Shop • Interiors • Concert Hall • Import Wear • Plane/Nintendo 3DS Image Share • Mii News • Observation Tower • Compatibility Tester • Rankings Board|