- This article covers differences between the regional varities of Tomodachi Collection: New Life, such as the original Japanese version, the North American version, and the European version. For differences between the games in the series such as Tomodachi Collection and Tomodachi Collection: New Life, see Tomodachi Collection.
Tomodachi Collection: New Life (トモダチコレクション 新生活 Tomodachi Korekushon: Shin Seikatsu?) was released in Japan on April 18th 2013, featuring many animations and items that reflect Japanese culture. Tomodachi Life is the localised version of the game, featuring minor changes to the gameplay that reflect the differences in culture between America, South Korea, Europe and Japan.
The primary gameplay has not been altered between the localizations, with the player put in charge of the Island, tasked with populating the island with new residents, maintaining their happiness and allowing them to establish friendships with fellow islanders.
The island and islanders
- Tomodachi Collection: New Life lacks the observation tower and the Nintendo 3DS Image Share. The rooftop of Mii Apartments acts as the Tomodachi Collection: New Life equivalent to the observation tower. The rooftop only appears as a hidden location in Life.
- In Tomodachi Collection: New Life, it is possible for two Miis, one a child and the other an adult, to marry and have children (with the child using a Age-o-matic). To avoid controversy, this feature was altered in Tomodachi Life so Miis can only marry if they are in the same age group.
- In Tomodachi Collection: New Life Miis nap directly on the floor of the room instead of on blue mats.
- In Tomodachi Collection: New Life the icon displayed when a Mii is having a dream is the kanji for Yume (夢 Yume?). In Tomodachi Life the icon is that of a night sky with crescent moon.
- In Tomodachi Collection: New Life, purple embers appear around Miis when they are sad or sick. In Tomodachi Life, these are replaced by a small rain cloud appearing over the Mii's head.
- Tomodachi Collection: New Life features a mini-game with an appearance similar to sumo wrestling. In the American version of Tomodachi Collection: New Life the mini-game has an appearance similar to American football and is titled Football in response to the theme change, the European versions have an appearance similar to Greco-Roman wrestling.
- The hand gestures are different. In Tomodachi Collection: New Life when two Miis become friends or make up they will bow to each other. In Tomodachi Life, Miis will wave their hand.
- In Tomodachi Collection: New Life when a Mii wants to play a game with you, it will rapidly move its arm in a beckoning motion. In Tomodachi Life, the Mii will repeatedly jump up and down while waving its arms.
- When giving a Mii a catchphrase in Tomodachi Collection: New Life, there are two options, one for how the Mii identifies themself and another with the normal catchphrase. There are no gestures to go with the catchprases. In Tomodachi Life, there is one option for a catchphrase, featuring 9 gestures.
- In Tomodachi Collection: New Life, when the parents are suggesting a name for a child, they will first suggest a made-up name which combines elements taken from the two parent's names.
- In Tomodachi Collection: New Life, grey clouds containing Japanese or Korean symbols appear around Miis when they want to confess, propose, have a baby, or misses their ex-lover. In Tomodachi Life, these are replaced by pink hearts containing question marks.
- In Tomodachi Collection: New Life, the Mii's blood type can be selected (A, B, O, or AB). This is excluded in Tomodachi Life.
- In Tomodachi Collection: New Life, the text of the highest relationship status in each category which in Tomodachi Life is written in dark green, is actually written in magenta.
- In Tomodachi Collection: New Life, when viewing the Mii's face in close-up and it tells them, "Don't stare! It makes me nervous!", the area between its eyes will blush with red marks. In Tomodachi Life, their cheeks blush.
- Some poses were changed. In Tomodachi Collection: New Life, if an Outgoing or Easygoing Mii has a love-related problem, it will look like it's crying. Due to how horrific it would look to children, the Mii has a worried thinking pose in localized versions.
- The idle poses are changed a bit. For instance, for an Easygoing Mii, in Tomodachi Collection: New Life, their arms are straight as they swing their head and arms back and forth. In Tomodachi Life, their arms are bent back a little.
- The eating animation is different. In Tomodachi Collection: New Life, after a Mii finishes eating, it wipes its mouth with one arm. In Tomodachi Life, it wipes it mouth with its hands.
- In Tomodachi Collection: New Life, when Miis are given any ingestible items such as foods and medicine, Miis will always say the humble Japanese expression, itadakimasu (いただきます) which is a cultural expression of gratitude normally used before meals. In Tomodachi Life, Miis do not say anything.
- In Tomodachi Collection: New Life, when you call a Mii back who is temporarily away from their apartment, certain miis will immediately bow to the player after rushing into the room.
- In Tomodachi Collection: New Life, an open mouth is used as the icon for a phrase. In other versions, this is replaced by a man with a speech bubble.
- Certain genres were removed and new ones were created. Tomodachi Collection: New Life contains 6 songs: Rock & roll, pop, enka (Japanese traditional song), opera, heavy metal and rap. Tomodachi Life contains 8 songs: Heavy metal, pop, rock & roll, rap, ballad, opera, techno and musical.
- Lyrics for the European and American version have some minor differences.
- In Tomodachi Collection: New Life, daily donations are collected in a wooden box. In Tomodachi Life, daily donations are collected in a glass piggy bank.
- In Tomodachi Collection: New Life a rhyming game known as Shiritori (しりとり) takes place. The next word spoken has to use the last character of the last word. It uses hiragana and katakana. In the American version of Tomodachi Life, the event was removed, and Rap Battle takes place instead. The European versions of Tomodachi Life however features both Rap Battle and an English version of Shiritori called Word Chain, which uses the same rules using letters rather than Japanese characters.
- For the girls' and guys' meeting the questions/sentences have changed.
- In Tomodachi Collection: New Life, The music in the cafe is taken from Tomodachi Collection with Miis singing in Japan. This was changed in Tomodachi Life and only has the music without the lyrics.
- In Tomodachi Collection: New Life, between 8:00 pm and 12:00 pm, a married couple can sometimes be seen taking a bath together in their bathroom, sometimes with their child. Due to controversy, this scene was removed from all localized versions of the game, replacing it with a silhouette of one of the parents showering.
- In Tomodachi Collection: New Life, the family album, has photos of the baby riding a swan toy through the living room and washing its dad's back in the bathroom. In Tomodachi Life, these photos are replaced with ones of the mother potty training the baby and the family playing soccer, respectively.
- In Tomodachi Collection: New Life, the door to the backyard is solid glass. In Tomodachi Life, it is tiled glass.
- In Tomodachi Collection: New Life, when rocking a 1 day old baby the live-action hands will be shown in a holding position. In Tomodachi Life, the hands are in a rocking position.
- In Tomodachi Collection: New Life, when choosing to have a fully grown child stay, the family will be in the child's new apartment. In Tomodachi Life, they are still at their house.
- In the Japanese version, the "Superhero" dream only shows the Superheroine outfit, male and female Miis all get the same outfit.
- The hula wobble head in the Drive dream is changed to a protective charm dangling from the mirror in the Japanese version.
- In the Korean version of the Ritual dream, the Miis will circle around another Mii, dressed in cultlike robes and waving large asian fans. To avoid religious references, the Mii was replaced with a food or treasure.
- In Tomodachi Collection: New Life, the stick figure in the "Stick Figure" dream is hanging from a rope. The rope was removed in all localized versions of the game, to prevent suicidal references.
- In the Japanese version, a dream known as "Familiar" is present, featuring the island from Tomodachi Collection with the original background music from that game. As Tomodachi Collection was never released outside of Japan, this dream is not present in other versions.
- The thoughts on the matter line begins with "We asked some islanders their opinions." in the UK version of Tomodachi Life. However, In the American version, The line in the begining is "We asked some islanders for their thoughts on the matter.".
- In the ''[Mii]'s Temper'' newscast, the Mii will lie on the ground as they throw a fit. Due to this resembling a seizure, the mii instead stomps around in the localized versions.
- In the "Mii Eraser" newscast, in Tomodachi Collection: New Life, the eraser is red. In Tomodachi Life, the eraser is blue, possibly because the color red would appear that the mii is bleeding.
- In the "Toilet Takeover" newscast, there is a middle Mii near the door; in Tomodachi Collection: New Life, the Mii is on the left. In Tomodachi Life, it is on the right.
- For the announcement the Romance Ranking is unlocked, in Tomodachi Collection: New Life, there are two happy Miis (one of each gender). In Tomodachi Life, they are replaced with a single happy Mii with a heart in a speech bubble.
- The first background for the islander thoughts is different depending on the region. In Japan, an asian suburban street can be seen in the background. In North America and Europe, a European street is shown. The second background is always the same.
- Tomodachi Collection: New Life features shop keepers with Kuroko stage masks. The American version of Tomodachi Life features shop keepers with wooden block heads, the Korean version feature shop keepers with yellow race car/motorcycle helmets as heads, and the European versions feature shop keepers with robot heads.
- A lot of items, clothes and food have been added to the translated version. Most of the unusual Japanese food that is not familiar with Western audiences have been taken out. The clothes have mostly been translated over but a lot of new clothing has been added.
- The designs of some of the interiors are different, such as the Bathouse interior, along with a few interiors that do not appear in localized versions, due to them being unfamiliar with western audiances.
- The Ninja Suit has a slightly altered appearance in the Japanese and Korean versions, lacking the facial scarf that was present in other versions.
- Clothing from the Nintendo StreetPass have been added to the EU/US versions as regular clothing. Traditional Japanese clothes and school uniforms have been swapped around.
- The Kid-o-matic item does not exist in the Japanese version.
- The Age-o-matic is only temporary in the Japanese version. It is only permanent on child couples or mixed adult and child couples who marry. The effect is cancelled when they divorce.
- The accents of a Mii's voice are changed regionally, presumably due to the difference in available languages in each game. For instance, the American version has Miis with American accents, while the European version has Miis with British accents.
- SpotPass items have been discontinued in the US as of May 16, 2016. In the EU, it was extended for another year.
- In the EU, update 2.0 was released; this is yet to be released in the US.
Labels and Dialogue
- Several labels in the Mii info screen are different in the American version and the European versions of Tomodachi Life.
|European version||American version|
|Loves / Really Loves||All Time Favorite / Super All Time Favorite|
|Dislikes / Really Dislikes||Worst /
- Some lines are altered as well, if the Miis have a baby:
|European version||American version|
|"Guess what? We've had a baby!"||"Guess what? We had a baby!"|
|"Which would you prefer it to be, a boy or a girl?"||"Are you hoping we had a boy or a girl?"|
|"It's a [boy/girl]!"||
"In fact, we did have a [boy/girl]!"
"It's a [boy/girl]!"
|"Does the baby look the way you expected?"||"How does [he/she] look?"|
|"We thought of a name together, and it's...[Name]!||"We like the name [Name]. What do you think?"|
|"What kind of personality do you want the baby to have?"||"What kind of personality do you think [he'll/she'll] have?"|
|"We'll take good care of [Baby]. We hope you'll help take care of [him/her] too."||"We'll take good care of [Baby]. We hope you'll take care of [him/her] too, [Player]'s look-alike."|
- If the child grows up:
|European version||American version|
|"[Child] has grown so much, [he/she] is ready to be independent."||"[Child] has grown up so fast! It's time for [him/her] to leave the nest."|
|"To test that she can take care of [himself/herself], we can send [him/her] on a trip or make [him/her] live on [his/her] own. What do you think we should do?"||"Should we send [him/her] off to travel the world or have [him/her] move into [his/her] own apartment?"|
If you send [him/her] travelling [sic], [he/she] will never live on this island. Are you sure this is OK?
|If you send [Child] off traveling, [he/she] will always be a traveler and never live on your island as a permanent resident. Is this OK?|
|If you want [Child] to live alone, you won't be able to make him/her an explorer. Are you sure?||If you have [Child] move into [his/her] own apartment, you won't ever be able to send [him/her] off as a traveler. Is this OK?|
|"Exactly. That's what I was thinking!"||
"My thoughts exactly!"
|[Child] will become a resident of [Island] Island.||[Child] will become a permanent resident of [Island] Island.|
|"You've been a great help to us so far."||"You've been such a great friend to us."|
|[Child] became a proud [Island] Islander.||[Child] is now a permanent resident of [Island] Island!|
|"I hope you'll continue to be friends with my family."||"I hope you'll keep in touch with our family."|
|"I'm off on a solo trip to explore and get some real life experience."||"I can't wait to see the world!"|
|"Is there anything that needs to be done before heading off on this trip?"||"Do you want to make any changes to [his/her] profile before [he/she] leaves?"|
|"Is there something [he/she] should say when meeting people during this trip?"||"Should [he/she] say anything special when [he/she] meets new people?"|
|"OK, understood. I'll repeat those exact words whenever I meet someone."||"Got it! I'll repeat those exact words whenever I meet someone new."|
|"OK, I'm off. Bye!"||"Alright, I'm off! Bye!"|
|"[Child] has left on the trip of a lifetime..."||"[Child] has left to travel the world..."|
- During confessions:
|Fireworks show (male to female)|
|European version||American version|
Shall we sit over here?
Isn't it beautiful?
Actually, you are more beautiful.
By the way, I have something I have been meaning to ask...
Would you marry me?
Let's sit here, shall we?
Isn't this amazing?
You know...your beauty shines even brighter than the fireworks.
As it were...there's something important I've been meaning to ask...
My darling...will you marry me?
|Fireworks show (female to male)|
|American version||European version|
This looks like a good spot!
Isn't this lovely?
These fireworks are amazing, but not nearly as amazing as you.
Actually, I have something important to ask you...
My love...will you marry me?
Shall we sit here?
Isn't it pretty?
What's more beautiful, me or the fireworks?
Actually, I have something important to ask you...
Would you marry me?
|Train station (male to female)|
I had a great time today!
It feels weird to just go home now...
I wish this day would never end. Maybe it never has to...
I guess it's now or never... You see, I have something important to ask you.
My darling... will you marry me?
|Train station (female to male)|
|American version||European version|
Today was the best!
It's kind of sad to see such a great day come to an end, isn't it?
If only there was some way we could keep having fun together... Forever...
I was actually wondering... That is, I have something I'd like to ask you...
My love...will you marry me?
I had a great time today!
I feel a little sad the day's over, don't you?
Shall we do something else?
Actually, there's something I have to ask...
Will you marry me?
|Amusement park (male to female)|
I love a good Ferris wheel, don't you?
I'm having such a great time at this amusement park!
Today's extra special because...I'm with you.
The truth is...I have something important to ask you...
My darling...will you marry me?
|Amusement park (female to male)|
Aren't Ferris wheels so...romantic?
I'm having a lot of fun today.
I always have a great time... when I'm with you.
Actually, there's something I want to ask you...
My love...will you marry me?
|Fancy restaurant (male to female)|
Isn't the view incredible from up here?
The view's great, but not as good as my view right now. You look gorgeous tonight.
By the way, there's something important I'd like to ask you...
Darling...will you marry me?
|Fancy restaurant (female to male)|
Isn't this view breathtaking?
This view is incredible, but nowhere as incredible as you.
Actually, there's something I wanted to ask you...
My love...um, will you marry me?
This is the food menu that features Japanese food. There are 67 different types, most of which do not appear in the American or European version of Tomodachi Collection: New Life.
Price in Japanese yen
Ayu no Shioyaki
|001||Salty grilled fish||¥450|
|Ikura||002||Salmon fish eggs||¥980|
Fried tofu wrapped rice, served with sushi and flavoured with salt.
|Unajyuu||004||Fried Eel on rice box. A good stamina meal in the Summer.||¥2800|
|Urchin||005||Raw sea urchin, a refined taste, not for everyone.||¥1000|
|Umeboshi||006||A pickled plum, so salty and sour.||¥100|
|Edamame||007||Young soy bean, once you pop, you just can't stop!||¥300|
|Ehoumaki||008||Traditional Sushi roll as big as a sub sandwich, try eating it all in one! Traditional food for Setsume festival.||¥700|
|Okayu||009||Rice porridge. Nice and simple.||¥150|
|Okonomiyaki||010||Cabbage pancake with lots of sauce and toppings. It's a speciality of Osaka.||¥780|
|O-Sashimi||011||Raw slices of fish, best served with wasabi.||¥1280|
|O-sechi||012||New Year meal that lasts for 3 days. A three tier lunch box that is filled with luxury food we only eat once a year.||¥10000|
|Ozouni||013||New Year mochi soup. There's always plenty of mochi at New Year. It's good at first but after a while you get a bit sick of it.||¥330|
|Ochatsuke||014||Green tea rice dish, it's very simple yet delicious. It is a specialty from Kyoto.||¥480|
|Oden||015||Boiled fish and vegetables, the fish stock is what makes it taste great.||¥300|
A classic riceball, Onigiri! What's inside? We won't know until we bite into it.
|Omochi||017||Rice cake. The crispy grilled mochi is easy to eat with your hand.||¥150|
|Oyakodon||018||Chicken and egg rice bowl. It's parent and child together.||¥600|
|Kasujiru||019||Winter miso soup, full of healthy ingredients.||¥250|
|Gakkoshoku||020||Elementary school lunch. It's so nostalgic for the Japanese.||¥400|
|Katsudon||021||Deep fried pork on rice with egg. So unhealthy but so good!||¥680|
|Kani (Crab)||022||It's a crab! It's best to start with the legs and work your way in.||¥6000|
|Kitsuneudon||023||Fox udon. Udon noodles with a topping of fried tofu in a triangle shape.||¥650|
|Kinoko (Mushroom)||024||Mushroom, such a low calorie food. Untill you cover it in butter and sauce to make it even more delicious.||¥130|
|Gyuudon||025||Beef rice bowl. Stewed beef and onions on top of rice. It's best to eat it when hot.||¥600|
|Go-ya||026||Such a bitter vegetable. It's good in the Summer to build up your stamina to the heat.||¥150|
|Gohan (Rice)||027||White fluffy rice. There is nothing quite like it, such a stable of Japan.||¥200|
|Konnyaku||028||It's like jello, but it's healthy and not sweet. It's good for your stomach and helps clean it out.||¥100|
|Konbini bento||029||The convenience store lunchbox, there's lots packed in but it's salty.||¥500|
|Sazae no Tsuboyaki||030||Sea snail, boiled and cooked in a fish sauce soup.||¥650|
|Zarusoba||031||Cold soba noodles. They're just a bit sticky but are fun to eat.||¥600|
|Sanma no Shioyaki||032||Grilled salted saury. Best served with daikon and citrus.||¥480|
|Jagabata||033||Butter jacket potato||¥380|
|Sukiyaki||034||Raw beef stew, cook it as you like. Can one person eat it though? It's usually made for four.||¥1780|
|Sushi||035||The traditional Japanese food.||¥1580|
|Surume||036||Squid jerky, many people say it's good for your head. A bit chewy, yet delicious.||¥200|
|Sekihan||037||Red bean rice that is a bit sweet. We usually eat it when we want to celebrate something.|
|Soumen||038||Cool noodles, best served on a hot summer's day.||¥670|
Tai no Ikizukuri
|039||Red snapper sushi, one whole fish cut and served like a piece of art.||¥3800|
|Tako||040||Boiled octopus leg, usually eaten with sushi or sashimi. Sometimes it's put in the oden.||¥300|
|Takoyaki||041||Fried Octopus balls||¥300|
|Tamagoyaki||042||Rolled egg omellette||¥150|
|Chikuwa||043||Fish roll, this sometimes has cheese inside. The processed fish is made of all sorts, but it tastes good.||¥100|
|Chawanmushi||044||A tea cup of rice and vegetables.||¥500|
|Chankonabe||045||Hot pot of Japanese vegetables and meat.||¥1580|
|Chirashi Sushi||046||Sushi rice box. Raw sushi mixed with cooked rice that gives a high class lunch box.||¥600|
|Tendon||047||Tenpura on a rice bowl||¥850|
|Tenpura||048||Deep fried vegetables and fish.||¥880|
|Tougarashi (Red chili pepper)||049||A chilli||¥50|
|Toufu||050||Chilled tofu block.||¥150|
|Nattou||051||Fermented Soy beans, It kind of smells bad.||¥100|
|Nikujaga||053||Meat and potato stew.||¥600|
|Nekomanma||054||"Cat food" A cheap and easy dish, leftovers on rice. It's good for cats and humans alike.||¥170|
Puffer fish Sashimi, don't let Homer eat it.
|Fukumame||056||Roasted beans to throw at demons, it's better eaten.||¥400|
|Matsutake||057||A mushroom of refined taste.||¥7800|
|Miso shiro||058||Miso soup||¥280|
|Metamayaki (Fried egg)||060||Fried egg||¥380|
|Monjayaki||062||A savory pancake with pork, cabbage and onions. It's a speciality of Tokyo. There's not really much pancake.||¥620|
|Yakisoba||063||Fried soba noodles||¥400|
|Yakitori||064||Grilled chicken kebabs with a Japanese sauce. Grilled with wood for the best taste.||¥350|
|Liver||067||Liver kebab, grilled with a sauce.||¥480|
In Japan, Western Food means anything that is not Japanese so there are some Asian food included. Most of the food here is available in the American and European versions, though there are some that are unique to the Japanese version.
|Description||Price in Japanese yen||Image|
|Avocado||001||An avocado. It's called the butter of the forest.||¥100|
|Ika Ink spaghetti (Squid ink spaghetti)||002||Spaghetti made with the black ink of the squid. It makes your mouth black too.||¥780|
|Ika Rings (Calamari)||003||Calamari, deep fried squid rings||¥480|
|Ishiyaki bibinba||004||Korean spicy kimchi, egg, meat and vegetables. Served in a stone bowl.||¥600|
|Uchushoku (Space Food)||005||Space food.||¥2000|
|Escargo||006||A French delicacy. It has a lot of garlic!||¥1200|
|Ebi-chili (Chili prawns)||007||A sweet chilli sauce and shrimp that's not really that spicy||¥640|
|Ebi-pilaf||008||Shrimp fried rice||¥700|
|Ebi-fry||009||A deep fried giant shrimp||¥370|
|OKosamaLunch||010||On the plate is lots of things that kids love to eat. Don't forget the flag.||¥700|
|Onion Gratin||011||Onion soup with a corn bread couton.||¥410|
|Omurice||012||Chicken fried rice with a layer of white fluffy omelette in a sea of ketchup.||¥680|
|Omelet||013||A plain omlette, it makes me want to write a ketchup message.||¥650|
|Cup Ramen (Instant noodles)||014||Add hot water, wait 3 minutes. It's so convenient.||¥190|
|Kabi-pan (Moldy bread)||015||Moldy Bread, if you eat this you will probably get ill.||¥20|
|Karage (Fried chicken)||016||Juicy chicken deep fried till crunchy.||¥450|
|Carbonara||017||Spaghetti carbonara, A creamy egg and cheese pasta with bacon.||¥680|
|Curry-pan||018||A deep fried bread with curry inside. It's quite crunchy.||¥120|
|Curry rice||019||A Japanese sweet curry with vegetables and beef. It's just like what my mother made. It's not really that spicy.||¥700|
|Kankoku Reimen||020||Korean cold noodles. A kimchi topped soup of noodles, egg and vegetables.||¥670|
|Quiche||021||A fluffy and creamy vegetable quiche. It can be served hot or cold.||¥550|
|Kimchi||022||The Korean fermented cabbage that is very spicy. It's good topped on rice.||¥280|
|Caviar||023||The fish eggs that are the number one luxury food.||¥6500|
|Gyoza (Pot stickers)||024||Chinese dumplings deep fried. These pot stickers are really juicy inside.||¥280|
|Gratin||025||A creamy white pasta sauce with macaroni. Oven cooked to make the top nice and crunchy.||¥980|
|Cream Stew||026||It takes a while to prepare this creamy stew. It really warms up the heart though.||¥680|
|Croissant||027||A crispy flaky pastry that is all fluffy inside.||¥120|
|Corn Soup||028||It really is so creamy. The corn is such a comforting taste.||¥380|
|Corn Flakes||029||When you're busy this is the perfect breakfast. Add milk to get a good balance.||¥400|
|Croquette||030||Chopped potato shaped and deep fried in bread crumbs.||¥680|
|Sake no Munieru (Salmon meunière)||031||Salmon meuniere, a light butter taste. Served with boiled vegetables.||¥750|
|Salad||032||Healthy fresh vegetables you can eat as much as you like. Add a dressing.||¥560|
|Salami||033||A spicy Italian sausage.||¥390|
|Sandwich||034||Egg, salad sandwich. It's quite a tidy way to eat something.||¥400|
|Shichimencho||035||Roast turkey, a favourite for Christmas time. It's round juicy and roasted to perfection.||¥3300|
|Shippai ryori (Ruined meal)||036||A failed dish. They don't seriously expect anyone to eat it?||¥20|
|Shumai||037||A dumpling filled with pork standing upright with a green pea on top.||¥120|
|Shokupan (White bread)||038||A slice of white bread. It's so white and fluffy, shokupan is such a weird name when you think about it.||¥100|
|Steak||039||A juicy thick slice of beef. Be careful when eating it as it's really hot.||¥1980|
|Sufuta||040||Sweet and sour pork||¥780|
|Celery||041||Celery stick such a crunchy vegetable.||¥130|
|Sausage||042||Pork sausage that's quite easy and fun to cook.||¥200|
|Tacos||043||Mexican food. There is so much packed into them that they have a habit of dropping out.||¥480|
|Cheese||044||A slice of cheese||¥200|
|Chizimi||045||A korean savory pancake||¥550|
|Chahan (Fried rice)||046||Chinese fried rice||¥480|
|Tomorokoshi (Corn on the cob)||047||Corn on the cob, you can boil it or eat it as is. The best way is grilled.||¥350|
|Tomato||048||A round and juicy red tomato. It looks delicious and is ready to eat.||¥140|
|Truffle||049||A high class food, it looks bad but it tastes really good.||¥6000|
|Tonkatsu||050||A deep fried pork chop with Japanese sauce served with salad to make it a bit healthier. Just a bit.||¥600|
|Nama ham (Prosciutto)||051||Parma ham, proscuitto an Italian speciality.||¥690|
|Nama harumaki (Fresh spring rolls)||052||Fresh Spring rolls||¥590|
|Niku man (Pork bun)||053||A Chinese meat bun.||¥120|
|Ninniku (Garlic)||054||Raw garlic.||¥110|
|Paella||055||Spanish sea food paella.||¥680|
|Hayashi rice||056||A red stew made with wine and tomato sauce, served with rice.||¥780|
|Haru maki (Fried spring rolls)||057||Deep fried spring rolls.||¥630|
|Hamburger||058||A hamburger in a bun with cheese and salad.||¥280|
|Hamburgu (Salisbury steak)||059||A meat pattie in a deep glaced sauce. Really it's a burger without a bun.||¥700|
|Beef stew||060||A demi glaced sauce stew that is such a heart warming meal.||¥680|
|Piman (Green peper)||061||A green pepper, children find this vegetable quite bitter. It's really delicious in a stir fry.||¥110|
|Pizza||062||Cheese and salami pizza.||¥390|
|Hiyashi Chuka||063||Chinese cold noodles||¥600|
|Foie gras||064||Goose liver||¥9000|
|Fried potato (French fries)||065||French fries||¥280|
|Blue cheese||066||French blue cheese.||¥400|
|Broccoli||068||This green vegetable gives you lots of energy. Boiled and served with mayo is very good.||¥190|
|Peking Duck||070||Duck roasted to perfection with slices of the crispy skin. It's got quite a unique taste.||¥5000|
|Peperoncino (Spaghetti Peperoncino)||071||Red pepper spaghetti.||¥780|
|Honetsuki niku (Drumstick)||074||Chicken leg||¥1000|
|Mabo doufu||075||Chinese tofu dish that's really spicy.||¥670|
|Meat sauce spaghetti (Spaghetti)||076||Spaghetti bologneise||¥780|
|Meatballs||077||Meatballs in a tomato sauce||¥500|
|Yude tamago (Hard-boiled egg)||078||Boiled egg||¥100|
|Ramen||079||Chinese noodles, it really has so much salty soup, can you drink it all?||¥680|
|Lasagna||080||A layered pasta dish with meat and white sauce. It's oven cooked to make it extra crispy on top.||¥650|
|Risotto||081||An Italian rice dish||¥780|
|Roast beef||082||Oven cooked beef that is so thick and juicy.||¥1500|
|Rolled cabbage (Cabbage roll)||083||Rolled cabbage just like your mother used to make.||¥700|
These are mostly snacks as well as desserts. There are 66 items in this table. Some desserts are not in the translated version and are unique Japanese sweets.
|Ice-cream||001||An Ice-cream cone. Now the most popular flavor is Strawberry.||¥250|
|Apple pie||002||A crispy pie with some moist apples. Oven baked to perfection.||¥480|
|Anpan||003||A sweet bean filled bread that children love.||¥150|
|Ichigo (Strawberry)||004||A strawberry||¥480|
|Kaki||005||A persimmon, this is a local fruit of Japan and is so sweet and juicy. It's full of vitamins.||¥200|
|Kakikori||006||Shaved ice with strawberry sauce. It's great in the Summer to help you cool off, just be careful of the brain freeze.||¥150|
|Castella||007||A Spanish sponge cake that has become standard dessert in Japan.||¥500|
|Gateau chocolate (Chocolate gateau)||008||A rich chocolate cake||¥600|
|Gum (Chewing gum)||009||A stick of Gum.||¥120|
|011||For Valentine's Day girls have to give chocolate to everyone. This is not given with any romantic feelings, only obligation.||¥300|
|Cookie (Butter cookie)||012||A butter cookie.||¥180|
|Gummy (Gummy candy)||013||A small soft gummy candy.||¥|
|Three color dango||018||A three flavour rice cake. 3 mochi flavours of cherryblossom flavour, plain and green tea flavour all on a handy stick.||¥300|
|Sweet potato||021||A sweet cake made with yam.||¥380|
|Zenzai||024||A hot sweet bean soup with mochi balls. It's perfect on a cold winter's day.||¥500|
|Senbei(crackers)||025||A rice cracker that is salty and sweet.||¥100|
|Soft Cream (Sort-serve ice cream)||026||A soft whipped milk ice cream. It's vanilla flavor that is completely melt in the mouth goodness.||¥250|
|Taiyaki||027||A pancake filled with sweet bean and shaped like a fish.||¥200|
|Cheesecake||028||A baked cheese cake. It has such a melt in the mouth sweetness.||¥490|
|Chocolate||029||A bitter mix of milk and cocoa. It's not really Valentine's but it is still delicious.||¥150|
|Chocolate Parfait||030||A chocolate sundae. Girls love this and might not want to share.||¥780|
|Tiramasu||031||The Italian dessert that is so creamy. Topped with chocolate powder.||¥500|
(hand made chocolate)
|032||Hand made chocolate for valentine's day. The shape is a bit strange but the person who made it has put all their love into it. It is priceless.||¥3000|
|Donut||033||A sweet and slightly chewy donut. I think I could eat a whole lot of them.||¥130|
|Dorayaki||034||A sandwich of two pancakes with a sweet bean filling.||¥450|
|Durian||035||This fruit is really quite delicious and creamy. You just need to get past the smell and it is the king of fruits.||¥500|
Happy Birthday! This is free service. Have a wonderful day with this cake.
|Pineapple||037||It's the tropical fruit that's a bit prickly and hard to get to. Once you do the texture and sweetness is worth it.||¥980|
|Banana||038||It's the best fruit to give you instant energy. Remember to put the peel in the garbage.||¥100|
There's no fruit inside, it's just the skin. ...don't tell me, someone wants us to eat this?
|Peanuts||040||You need to break the soft shell to get to the nut inside. It's kind of hard to stop eating.||¥370|
A sweet biscuit that is thin and crispy. It's nice and simple.
|Purin (Flan)||043||A custard pudding that wibbles and wobbles. The caramel sauce goes on top to make it extra delicious.||¥150|
|Protein||045||It's great for body builders. Just don't use it to replace the meat in your diet.||¥1000|
|Peropero candy||046||A lollypop as big as your head. This is the Titan of lollypops. Can you eat it slowly?||¥300|
|Hot cakes||047||A stack of thick pancakes topped with maple syrup and butter.||¥400|
|Potato chips||049||Some delicious hand food that is so crispy.||¥130|
|Macadamia nuts||050||It's so easy to eat one after the other. I really recommend this food!||¥500|
|Macaron(Macaroon)||051||Crispy on the outside, smooth on the inside.||¥300|
|Muffin||052||A fruit muffin||¥330|
|Mille Fille||055||A layer cake.||¥620|
|Yaki imo(Baked yam)||058||Roasted yams, sweet and hot with such a good smell. roasted over hot coals for the best taste.||¥380|
|Yaki Guri||059||Roast chestnuts, the smell is so good when hot. Easy to eat and so delicious.||¥580|
|Youkan(Sweet Bean jelly)||060||A high class sweet bean dessert. It is best served together with hot green tea.||¥580|
|Yogurt||061||You can put fruit or jam in to make it even more delicious. They say, if you eat this every day it will help your body.||¥190|
|Yonashi||062||A western pear, it's such a cute shape!||¥460|
|Ringo||063||An apple, crunchy with a sweet honey taste. It's so wide, can you bite it?||¥150|
|064||An apple in a sweet candy coating. You can't eat these everyday though.||¥250|
|Wata ame(Candy Floss)||065||Cotton candy. this fluffy sweet is like a little cloud, but much sweeter.||¥300|
|Waffle||066||A plain yet sweet waffle. It has such a good chewy texture.||¥200|
There are 14 items. Only one is not included in the translated version which is the energy drink.
Price in Japanese yen
|001||Good for your body but it really is an adult taste.||¥200|
|Apple juice||002||A lot of apples went into making this. If you hold your nose to the glass you can really smell the freshness.||¥200|
|Energy drink||003||If you feel too tired, drink this and become revived! You can do your best with this drink! FIGHT!||¥300|
|Green tea||004||A traditional Japanese drink that is healthy and has a good taste too.||¥100|
|Orange juice||005||A lot of oranges went into making this juice. 100% orange juice.||¥200|
|Cappachino||006||Bitter coffee topped with frothy milk and a sprinkle of cocoa powder.||¥580|
|Milk||007||The top of the bottle is the best as it has the cream. Aah, but the rest is good too.||¥180|
|Foul milk||008||3 week old milk. You have to be really brave to be able to drink this...||¥20|
|Tea||009||The best drink to help you relax. You can add milk or lemon if you want.||¥550|
|Coffee||010||Bitter and strong tasting coffee. Dare you try drinking this black?||¥500|
|Cola||011||When you first try this drink the bubbles tickle your nose.||¥180|
|Tap water||012||If you're low on money this drink saves some pennies. Well, it can't be helped, just drink it fast.||¥90|
|Tomato juice||013||Made with the juciest tomatoes. A healthy drink that is full of flavor.||¥150|
|Mixed juice||014||Fruit juice and milk all mixed up!||¥250|
| This page or section is currently under construction.|
Please help us expand this article by it. Feel free to discuss this cleanup on this article's talk page.
There are a 140 treasure items in the JP version. Most of it is similar to the US/EU/AU versions but the different items only will be listed. (Work in progress)
Treasure food is all completely different and there are 48 in total. Each food item is based on the speciality of the different prefectures in Japan. The only food that is the same is the default "Exotic" food when the exact location of the Explorer can't be revealed. (They basically have not set a region that they're from.)
|Akashiyaki||001||A speciality of Hyogo Prefecture, A takoyaki, octopus ball deep fried with a fish sauce to dip in.|
|Ankounabe||002||A speciality of Ibaraki Prefecture. A Monkfish hot pot that is said to be good for your skin.|
|Anbo gaki||003||A speciality of Fukushima Prefecture. A dried persimmon that is sweet and quite a delicacy.|
|??||004||A specialty of ??|
|Ikanesgu||005||A specialty of Hokkaido Prefecture. A squid stuffed with rice and cooked.|
|Ise Ebi||006||A speciality of Mie Prefecture. A spiny lobster boiled and cooked to perfection.|
|Iwaokoshi||007||A speciality of Osaka Prefecture. A sweet made with puffed rice, ginger and sesame.|
|Kaki no Hazushi||008||A speciality of Nara and Wakayama Prefectures. Sushi wrapped in persimonne leaves.|
|Katsuonotataki||009||A speciality of Koichi Prefecture. Lightly broiled jackfish tuna sliced and served with ginger.|
|Kabura zushi||010||A speciality of Ishikawa Prefecture. Salted turnips served with thinly sliced carrots and kelp. Pickled together with rice and served as sushi.|
|Kibi dango||011||A speciality of Okayama Prefecture. Three sweet rice balls on stick covered in millet grain. It's the food of friendship.|
|Kiritanpo||012||A speciality of Akita Prefecture. Mashed rice shaped onto sticks and roasted over an open fire and served with sweet miso sauce.|
|Goma saba||013||A speciality of Fukuoka. Mackerel sashimi with a sesame soy sauce.|
|Sakura-ebi no kakiage||014||A specialty of Shizuoka Prefecture. Tenpura with cherry shrimps. A deep fried delight.|
|Sasa dango||015||A specialty of Niigata Prefecture. Mugwart flavoured rice ball with a sweet been center. Wrapped in bamboo leaves.|
|Satsuma-age||016||A specialty of Satsuma Prefecture. Deep fried fish cakes, they can come big or small.|
|Sanuki udon||017||A specialty of Kagawa Prefecture. Udon noodles with a fish sauce soup. A very simple but delicious taste.|
|Jidori-no Sumibiyaki||018||A specilty of Miyazaki Prefecture. Chicken roasted over hot charcol, there's not really a taste quite like it.|
|Shimotsukare||019||A specialty of Tochigi Prefecture. Simmered vegetables, fried tofu and soy beans in a fermented sake soup.|
|Jakoten||020||A specialty of Uwajima Prefecture. Small fish blended into a paste and deep fried. The bones and everything is used in this crunchy tenpura.|
|Zunda mochi||021||A specialty of Miyagi Prefecture. Mochi with mashed young soy beans. A sweet dessert.|
|Senbei jiru||022||A specialty of Aomori Prefecture. Nabe, Japanese hot-pot with rice crackers.|
|??||023||A specialty of ??|
|Chanpon||024||A specialty of Nagasaki Prefecture. Chinese noodes, pork, seafood, vegetables all in a heavy meat stock soup.|
|Chinsuko||025||A Speciality of Okinawa. Sweet butter cookies similar in taste to shortbread.|
|Tofu Chikuwa||026||A specialty of Tottori and Nagasaki Prefecture. Tofu and fish flour shaped into long tubes resembelling bamboo.|
|Dongara soup||027||A specialty of Yamagata Prefecture. Hot codfish soup where nothing is wasted. Seasoned with soy sauce and onions.|
|Nama-shirasu don||028||A specialty of Kanagawa Prefecture. Raw baby sardines on rice. Served with ginger for this unique sashimi.|
|Namayatsu hashi||029||A specialty of Kyoto Prefecture. Triangles of unbaked rice flour cake with a sweet red bean center, flavored with cinammon or green tea.|
|Ningyo yaki||030||A specialty of Tokyo Prefecture. Castella cakes molded into the 7 Gods faces and baked with a sweet bean center,|
|Nosawana zuke||031||A specialty of Nagano Prefecture. Pickled nozawana, a Japanese leafy vegetable.|
|Hitomoji Guruguru||032||A specialty of Kumamoto Prefecture. Spring onions rolled round and round and seasoned with light soy sauce.|
|Hiyajiru udon||033||A specialty of Saitama Prefecture. Cold udon noodles served in a miso soup.|
|Fuku chiri||034||A specialty of Yamaguchi Prefecture. Puffer fish hot pot, served with vegetables and tofu in a fish stock soup.|
|Futomaki Matsuri sushi||035||A specialty of Chiba Prefecture. Sushi rolls made into colorful decorations of flowers and other pretty pictures.|
|Funa zushi||036||A specialty of Shiga Prefecture. Fermented fish cut into slices. The origin of the modern sushi.|
|??||037||A specialty of ??|
|Houtou||038||A specialty of Yamanashi Prefecture. Stewed udon, vegetables in a thin fish soup. The udon is more like dumplins than noodles.|
|Hoba miso||039||A specialty of Takayama Prefecture. Mixed miso paste and vegetables grilled on a magnolia leaf over a charcol stove.|
|Botebote Cha||040||A specialty of Shimane Prefecture. Green tea with beans and pickled vegetables. It's not soup it's tea, but rather filling.|
|Masu sushi||041||A specialty of Toyama Prefecture. Trout sushi made into a round shape and cut like a pizza.|
|Miso Nikomi Udon||042||A specialty of Aichi Prefecture. Udon noodles made in miso soup topped with vegetables.|
|??||043||A specialty of ??|
|Momiji Manju||044||A specialty of Hiroshima Prefecture. Castella cakes shaped into a Japanese maple leaf and filled with red bean paste.|
|Yaki manju||045||A specialty of Gunma prefecture. Sweet castella cakes filled with red bean paste skewered and grilled with a miso sauce.|
|Yaseuma||046||A specialty of Oita Prefecture. Sweet flat soy noodles covered in sugar.|
|Wanko soba||047||A specialty of Iwate Prefecture. Soba noodles in many small bowls. The challange is to try to eat as much as you can before they go cold.|
|Exotic food||--||"This cooking came from a far away place. There's a lot of it, I wonder what kind of taste it has?"|
The food that still needs to be unlocked is marked with a ??.