Trash food, also known as negative food are a sub-category of food that are unobtainable in the Food Mart. If any of these are fed to a Mii (which is the only way to rid them from the player's stock), they will almost always have a negative reaction.
Many, though not all Miis, will not have trash food as their worst or worst ever foods. As such, feeding a Mii trash food will not drop the Mii's happiness as much as their worst food, unless a trash food is a Mii's worst ever food. Very rarely will there be a Mii that will actually like trash food, but they can never be all-time favorite food or the super all-time favorite food, with the most positive gesture possible being the "loved it" reaction.
List of trash food
- Ruined meal
- Mouldy Bread (EU)/Moldy bread (US)
- Banana Skin (EU)/Banana peel (US)
- Spoilt Milk (EU)/Spoiled milk (US)
Despite not being labeled in-game as trash food, there are some foods that have a high possibility of being disliked by Miis, and could be considered pseudo-trash food, as the concept can come off as disturbing for a standard food, or for other reasons. However, these can end up as super-all time, and all time favorites.
These foods include:
- Red chili pepper
- Blue cheese
- Caviar (sometimes)
- Chamomile tea
- Green juice
Getting trash food
Trash food can only be obtained through the following:
- Having a Mii sell them at the morning market or as a random prize at the night market.
- Giving a Mii a frying pan and have it randomly "make" trash food.
- Have it spawn from the "Hunger" "Ritual", or "True Love" dreams.
- Purchasing it at the Food Mart (Tomodachi Collection only)