"Trash food", also known as negative food are a sub-category of food that is unobtainable in the Food Mart. If any of these are fed to a Mii (which is the only way to rid them from the player's stock), they almost will always respond negatively, with their happiness dropping by a large amount if they dislike it greatly.
Many, though not all Miis, will not have trash food as their worst or worst ever foods. As such, feeding a Mii trash food will not drop the Mii's happiness as much as their worst food, unless a trash food is a Mii's worst ever favorite food. Very rarely will there be a Mii that will actually like trash food, but they can never be all-time favorite food or the super all-time favorite food, with the most positive gesture possible being the "slow pat on the stomach" reaction, an exception being if the Mii "needs to eat anything", in which the most positive gesture possible is "loved it".
List of trash food
- Ruined meal
- Mouldy Bread (EU)/Moldy bread (US)
- Banana Skin (EU)/Banana peel (US)
- Spoilt Milk (EU)/Spoiled milk (US)
Despite not being labeled in-game as trash food, there are some foods that have a high possibility of being disliked by Miis, and could be considered pseudo-trash food, either because of specific reasons, or as the concept can come off as disturbing for a standard food. However, these can end up as super-all time, and all time favorites.
These foods include:
- Red chili pepper
- Blue cheese
- Caviar (sometimes)
- Chamomile tea
- Green juice
Getting trash food
Trash food can only be obtained through the following:
- Having a Mii sell them at the morning market or as a random prize at the night market.
- Giving a Mii a frying pan and have it randomly "make" trash food.
- Have it spawn from the "Hunger" "Ritual", or "True Love" dreams.
- Purchasing it at the Food Mart (Tomodachi Collection only)